• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi,

Fairly new Fascinate owner. Love the phone (former Blackberry Storm user) except for a couple things. 1- Doesn't handle email as well as the Storm. Even when set to check for email every 5 minutes, some email takes 6 or 12 hours or couple days to hit the phone when it's already been on my computer.

2-Having major trouble with the syncing the phone calendar to the gmail account I want it to work with. (It loves the gmail acct I don't really use--my bad) Verizon was no help. They told me that "I need to reach out to Google..." The option to sync w/ calendar does not show up on the gmail account that I want.

Looking forward to getting some help on these issues and learning more about the Android world...

Lee

Welcome to the Android Forums!

1. It sounds to me like your phone is having general email issues. My first thought is to delete all of the email accounts and re-enter them. When re-entering them, however, add them over an extended period of time to see if you can determine which email is causing the slowdown.

2. If it's syncing to the Gmail account that you don't use then maybe define the Gmail account that you do use as the primary on the phone.

Another thing you could try is to boot to the recovery menu and do a clear cache on the phone.

And if all else fails it might be worthwhile to do a factory reset on the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones