• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help! 1st touchscreen

Daugh463

Lurker
Feb 3, 2011
So I just got the incredible and I feel like there's a ton of cool features I'm not taking advantage of.. Is swype an option on this phone? Also, verizon talked me into the extra 'hotspot' feature because i need the internet for my computer.. is this necessary, or will my phone put out wi-fi without it?

Welcome to the Android Forums!

The tethering feature on the Incredible gives you the ability to use your phone to provide Internet access to your computer. Without the optional tethering feature your phone won't be able to broadcast a WiFi signal... only receive it!

Now that said, it's possible to tether your phone and computer without Verizon's app. Doing so, however, would likely put you at risk of voiding your phones warranty with Verizon and will put you in violation of Verizon's terms of service if they ever find out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones