• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! 2.3.5 Update on Orange Wildfire S got stopped

We have several Wildfire S' on Orange, two of three updated to Android 2.3.5 fine, however, one of them recived the FOTA (fireware over the air) notification, the process was started, however, due to the battery being low, the phone got restarted before the update was complete. Fortunately, the phone did not brick, however, the update is now gone, the phone is still on Version 2.3.3.

If I manually check for software updates, it says 'no updates are available'. How do I get the update to come back and restart the update process? Anyone got any ideas?

Much thanks in advance for any comments

J

It may just return on its own in a few days.
Thanks for responding, it has been left for 4 days now. I was just worried it won't ever come back.

I guess if things are busy on the updates front, they must only put the update OTA for a limited time for each model. Hopefully it will go on a general broadcast once the majority of the updating is done. I was just concerned because of the partial updating that it would screw the phone update up permanently.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones