1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Help after using Rom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by saber85, Aug 22, 2011.

1. saber85

saber85 Member
    None

Dec 23, 2010
    I've been getting a lot of help from new optimus on this, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas. I put three different roms on my phone last night to try and resolve this but it's a no go. My home button is not working, my lock button isn't working, and I can't move apps to the SD card without the phone crashing. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know how I can fix this? When the phone crashes I get a FC from MVPDM. I've tried the sense rom and two different team chick eaters roms.

Advertisement

2. atownchevyboy

atownchevyboy Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Atlanta,Ga
    did you do a nand backup where everything was working before? and also did you wipe everything including sd-ext? when i flash my roms i wipe everything and just start fresh on the sd card with a new partition. it works for me on my 2.2. other than that, i would check the setting on the phone, like if you had a widget locker app, check the settings in it. cause i've seen where you can make certain buttons not work with that app.

3. saber85

saber85 Member
    None

Dec 23, 2010
    I didn't do a nand backup because my phone wasn't working properly before and I didn't know I should. This was a way to try and get it working properly because I had uninstalled my browser. I didn't have any apps on the phone before that would lock the buttons.

If I wipe it what exactly am I going to lose?

4. atownchevyboy

None

Feb 10, 2011
    Atlanta,Ga
    plug your phone into your computer and put all the stuff on your sdcard on your computer, so when you wipe everything you will be able to put it back on your sdcard. you won't lose your custom recovery. you will have to re-flash whatever rom you want to use. Make sure you partition your sdcard according to the rom ( some roms use ext 3 partition ) after you do that it should be ok.

5. saber85

saber85 Member
    None

Dec 23, 2010
    I got it. I restored the phone and when it went into recovery I put the rom on again. Works beautifully now :).

I think this is the end of me messing with my phone for a while!

6. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    lol yes well now that you have it setup go into recovery and make a back up.

You wont have to worry about fixing it later if something happens. just restore lol

7. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Feb 7, 2011
    Male
    IBM SSR
    DFW, TX
    Glad to hear that it works fine for you now. What ROM did you end up using? I was going to suggest that if any ROM's don't seem to be working, that it might be hardware issue. In my line of work (repairing RISC servers for IBM) if it's not a hardware issue, then it's a software or firmware code issue. But, you have a working phone now so that's a moot point. :)

8. atownchevyboy

None

Feb 10, 2011
    Atlanta,Ga
    that's wonderful!! make sure you do what New Optimus said and please make a backup. that's the easiest way to get things back right after something went wrong. And make a backup of your sdcard on your computer just in case your sdcard get messed up.

Tags: