• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help: Alarm not sounding when phone charging

honeytone

Lurker
Mar 1, 2012
Hi there!

I'm having this issue, whenever I go to sleep (and leave the phone charging), next day the alarm is not sounding. Is there any way to solve this? I mean it's almost impossible to go to bed withouth leaving the phone charging... but at the same time I need to wake up to the alarm, and this is not happening. (The alarm DOES sound when the phone is disconnected from the battery charger)

Thank you.

Honestly I have not seen this before, I have right now one Xperia™ neo, arc and X8. I tried on all three setting up an alarm and leave it connected to the charger and it is working properly. I'd suggest to run the Repair Phone option on PC Companion (or bridge for MAC) just to confirm if this is some kind of software problem on your phone.
Xperia? X8 - Sony Smartphones (US)

Upvote 0
Thanks for your response.

Ok, so I'm running this Repair Phone option. Thing is, before starting, tells me to do a full backup of my phone with the Backup tool included. It seems it's gonna reset my phone?

I've rooted my phone, so it's risky to do this?
Also, am I having problems with my service provider (Movistar Argentina) after doing so?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones