• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP! Call vibrate turning off after receiving a call

I have a Droid X (not rooted) with the latest update (2.2.1). I usually have my ringer set to low volume and the "vibrate" set to "Always". Over the past couple weeks I noticed that the vibrate setting was changing to "Only in Silent mode" on it's own. I recently discovered that it is doing this after the first phone call I receive upon changing it back to "Always".

I do also use the app "WhoIsIt", to manage ringer sound and have been for some time.

I've only noticed this over the last couple weeks.

Can anybody give me any help on this? I can't find anything online.

Update: I also noticed that when I put the phone in silent mode, it takes it out of it after receiving a call. It's like the phone has been set to a default of a low ringer volume and turning off the vibrate. Obviously, I am missing calls since I can't hear it or feel it vibrate.

Update 2: I removed "WhoIsIt" from my phone and I think it may have solved the problem. Bummer cuz i liked how you could manage the vibrate pattern. Anyone have any other suggestions?

I have a Droid X (not rooted) with the latest update (2.2.1). I usually have my ringer set to low volume and the "vibrate" set to "Always". Over the past couple weeks I noticed that the vibrate setting was changing to "Only in Silent mode" on it's own. I recently discovered that it is doing this after the first phone call I receive upon changing it back to "Always".

I do also use the app "WhoIsIt", to manage ringer sound and have been for some time.

I've only noticed this over the last couple weeks.

Can anybody give me any help on this? I can't find anything online.

Update: I also noticed that when I put the phone in silent mode, it takes it out of it after receiving a call. It's like the phone has been set to a default of a low ringer volume and turning off the vibrate. Obviously, I am missing calls since I can't hear it or feel it vibrate.

Update 2: I removed "WhoIsIt" from my phone and I think it may have solved the problem. Bummer cuz i liked how you could manage the vibrate pattern. Anyone have any other suggestions?

I am getting the same thing on my Epic when using "WhoIsIt".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones