• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help for a first time rooter??....thanks!!!

ok,ive read the effin manual,did more searching,and finally asked on IRC.

apparently there is no way to tell for sure what a device shipped with,if you picked it up used,or dont know.

omar,do you know what your DHD shipped to you originally?

if it shipped with froyo,you can use my manual guide.

if it shipped with GB,i will have to modify my guide :eek: it is still possible to manually downgrade,but there will be multiple downgrade steps,and it will be a longer process. :mad:

id prolly advise giving the aahk another shot after trying a new sd card

Reactions: ral
Upvote 0
Sorry. Read your post late.

I was wondering instead of using the volume and power buttons is there a way to flash the RUU downgrade via command line. If found thread on XDA where the person got stuck at this same step because of a broken volume button and the solution was to flash the downgrade via command line. The thread I found does not say how to do this however.

See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1813011

Upvote 0
Sorry. Read your post late.

I was wondering instead of using the volume and power buttons is there a way to flash the RUU downgrade via command line. If found thread on XDA where the person got stuck at this same step because of a broken volume button and the solution was to flash the downgrade via command line. The thread I found does not say how to do this however.

See here: Problem with AAHK downgrade - xda-developers

thats what the "t" toggle should be doing.

manually running an RUU from fastboot is done by putting the PxxxIMG file into the fastboot/adb folder,then running:

fastboot oem rebootRUU (boots the screen to RUU mode-black with silver htc leters)

fastboot flash zip sipfilename.zip (green progress bar as it flashes)

fastboot reboot-bootloader (optional)

fastboot reboot

Reactions: ral and D-U-R-X
Upvote 0
Hi guys, been a bit busy to get on the forums, but thanks for the responses while i've been away.

Scotty, it came with froyo. So if you don't mind, that manual would be great right now! Cant get hold another sdcard, but i have nothing to do tonight so might as well try it with my current card.

I hope Omar got things sorted out. A bit disappointing when we are not able to fix things.

And ral, even if i never manage to root this thing, the help and quick responses has been amazing!

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
Reactions: Ae111
Upvote 0
I've rooted! Now just gotta flash a rom.

tumblr_ltprfd3sGw1qe2yn0.gif

Just wanna say thank you to everyone who's helped me. I really appreciate it. You guys have been great, especially with the noobish questions.

Upvote 0
flashed cm10 nightlies.

omg, wish i flashed sooner. only thing stopping me from rooting my galaxy note is i need to use my banking app frquently and rooting your device makes it not work :(

anyway, one bit of trouble im having is how do i get the google play store on this now?!

awsome! glad you got it sorted with the aahk,i had a feeling the sd might be the issue. :smokingsomb:

the lack of the play store suggests that you forgot to flash gapps right after flashing the rom. gapps contains some of googles proprietary apps,not the least of wich is play store :)

just download gapps,go back to recovery,and then wips cache and dalvik cache,and flash gapps and you should be good to go.

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones