• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help! FROYO BUGS! Strongly considering flashing SBF right now...

the only bug I've had is the lock screen lag, and the the time stamp on sms. Everything else is working perfectly. I understood that this was a leak and that it would come with bugs. its nothing I'm not willing to live with. I hope we get a new leak soon that addresses some of these issues. As long as they allow us to maintain root thru all this, I'm good.

Even if the only thing 2.2 gave us was flash, the bugs would not make me switch

Upvote 0
By the way:
1) Notification sync has been fixed. It was google after all
2) I've renamed Messaging.apk and Conversations.apk. HOWEVER, if I ONLY have chompSMS (no Handcent) installed I WILL NOT recieve text messages. If I have both installed, it will work. Weird issue but I just have both installed with Handcent notifications off.
3) Battery Manager has only FC'ed on me once.

So far so good. Not too much I can complain about. Motorola services did seem to use up a lot of data. My battery went from 100% to 10% in about 10 hrs, whereas normally I'd get at least 20-25 hrs with the same usage. This happened when I first set up my phone in 2.1 too, so I'm not too worried. Thanks for all the help guys!

Upvote 0
that sux. but here's the thing, remember me telling you that i keep getting stuck in the moto logo boot up? that still applies when i try to start so i might have to keep pulling the battery to even get into the recovery, if its possible.
... that and i still have trouble with RSD lite recognizing my phone if i even consider flashing the sbf

Upvote 0
that sux. but here's the thing, remember me telling you that i keep getting stuck in the moto logo boot up? that still applies when i try to start so i might have to keep pulling the battery to even get into the recovery, if its possible.
... that and i still have trouble with RSD lite recognizing my phone if i even consider flashing the sbf

it sounds like you need a fresh install of 2.2 with root

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones