• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP! Game's sounds in WALKMAN player

cookiefai

Lurker
Sep 14, 2013
Hi I'm new here. I was searching for a way to fix a problem in my phone and I came across this site. I'm not sure whether I should post this in this section or the Android Media section, either way I apologize if this isn't the right section.

I'm using Sony Xperia Ion, for some reason all my game's sounds are included in my WALKMAN's My Music. Does anybody know how to fix this problem? I'd greatly appreciate it. :beer:

I'd post screenshots but seeing as I'm still new here, the system prevents me from doing so.

I don't know Sony's Walkman app, but maybe you can set it up so that it only searches for music in the folder(s) you specify.

If it doesn't offer you that option, you're not lost yet. If you know where the game audio files are stored, you could try to place a .nomedia file in those folders. This is an empty, zero bytes file with no extension, but don't forget the leading period before the word nomedia. You can create such a file with most file managers. It tells the media players on your device to skip those folders when searching for media.

If that still fails (maybe because the Sony app ignores the .nomedia files), I suggest you start using another music player, preferably one where you can tell the app where to look for your music, so it doesn't scan the entire system. PowerAmp and many other players offer this option.

Good luck!

Reactions: cookiefai
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones