• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help horrible battery life 5-6 hours top

It's probably something making the phone stay awake. Initially this was the message app (HTC) and was *fixed* with the MR last year. I say fixed because there are still quite a few people reporting 100% awake.

I didn't suffer from this and stopped paying attention until a few weeks ago when for some reason I checked and wouldn't you know if my Hero was staying 100% awake. What is the fix you ask? LOL. Remove all installed apps. If that doesn't fix it Factory Reset. If that doesn't fix it just buy another battery...

Pretty sad.

Upvote 0
Thanks Rube, for your input. My post was not done for debate. It is what I posted, take it or leave it. But don't try to qualify what my experience is. Battery life is dependent upon a great many things and you have no idea what I'm running on my phone, how good my signal is, etc., etc. Point was to show even with a heavy data use coupled with external speaker use that you can get significant battery use. The wake state reporting may not adversely effect battery life. Example, wake time is reported as the phone is charging and plugged in as well. Lol...

All in all, considering my last smartphone got 2-3 hours with half the screen of the Hero, I can attest that good battery life is possible, just follow the tweaks. Use them as much or as little as you like.

Anyway. Have a nice day.

:cool:

Upvote 0
back from tour?? how long have you been gone from the hero?

Maybe you just need to up date your phone: PRL and Profile.

Here is a little trick I found for my phone: I am running 2.1 ROM.. but I might be helpful with older ROMs. You just can not check it:
If your TWS (Time Without Signal) = 50% or higher.
This can be found: Menu > setting > About > Battery > Battery Use > Cell Standby

To reduce (this works for me, but not for all)
1. turn on airplane mode
2. plug in usb cable for charging
3. put phone to sleep
4. wait 1 minute
5. wake phone
6. turn off airplane mode
7. unplug usb
8. put phone back to sleep
9. use phone normally.. check the TWS again after 30 mins. The TWS should drop as the day goes by. Mine is at 0%.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones