• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP insufficient storage error

Check out "Storage Truth"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sa.storagetruth

If sufficient space in /data/app, clear your cache and Dalvik, the Play Store sometimes doesn't clean up its own temp files and the problem may be that temp storage rather than actual storage.

storage truth is not reporting anything different from the storage report (stock app).
I often get the insufficient storage message while I still have >500MB space.
The work around I use is to copy a very large file into internal storage (like a 500MB video file), then delete it.
This seems to fix the problem temporarily, enough so that I can install an app.

Upvote 0
I had similar issues twice. Once it was because I'd accidently made a backup in cwm to the internal storage. Android just reported me as only having 2gb of storage rather than 4. Like the phone just came with that. Cleaners didn't work but going into that recovery and deleting the backup did.
And...a few times after installing a ROM I'd have no free space, nothing would install, and deleting things would cause less, not more free space to be reported. Never figured that one out except to wipe and reflash and it would go away.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones