1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help me get an Android!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by forehand, Apr 8, 2010.

1. forehand

forehand Lurker
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Hopefully this will be rather straightforward for you folks.

I currently use a work provided AT&T Tilt (I know it's old.) I got android installed on it a while ago though and now I am hooked. It's time to replace my phone. My work offers a Tilt 2 for AT&T which I've heard porting android to is lame. They also offer a Verizon Black Berry Tour (bleh.) Both options come with unlimited data.

It also happens that my wife needs a new cell phone. She really doesn't care what she gets and wants a basic plan (no data.) So this is what I am trying to find: A good Android phone with a cheap plan that I can switch sims with so that it's on my work plan and my work phone is on it's plan.

I found the Verizon Droid on amazon for $20, but I found out that their aint no SIM cards to switch out. So, what's a good Android phone that I could get on the cheap that would swap SIMs with my AT&T Tilt 2? I've been searching for a while, but I need help!

Advertisement

2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants
    None

Dec 2, 2009
    Network Admin
    Chicago
    The only choices of 3G compatible for ATT is the Nexus One (Best Choice) Something by Dell, and the backflip(backflop)