• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help me please!!!

ellaa

Lurker
Apr 19, 2012
Can anyone help me? I own a Samsung Glaxy Ace and I accidently ended Google Play halfway through a download. That was about 2 weeks ago and the download still hasn't dissapeared from the notifications bar at the top. It won't let me dowload anything elselike apps, music or anything. I can't send photo's to my PC either. Please, any advice?!

Hello! I am going to attempt to help you here.
  1. Please open your Settings and touch the Applications area on the menu. Here you will find a list of all installed Applications.
  2. Touch "Manage Applications"
  3. Attempt to locate "Market" or "Google Play Store" & open it.
  4. Touch "Clear Cache", "Clear Data", & "Uninstall Updates"
  5. Touch your "Home" button on your phone.
  6. Now open your Market/Google Play from the normal Application tray.

After a short while this should reset the download update for your Market/Google Play. For best results make sure you have an active Wi-Fi connection or a reliable 3G or 4G connection. I hope this helps!

Now, if this was a download for a specific Application like a Game for instance & not a problem with your Market itself; Simply follow the steps above but instead of locating the Google Play Store, instead locate the Application the Market is trying to download and uninstall it.

~ ArmyX

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones