• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help me turn on hotspot with broken LCD

maxm

Lurker
Nov 11, 2012
I am stuck in rural northern ca with out home phone, internet or cable. I broke the screen on my Thunderbolt. It was my only link to the outside world and I was using hotspot to connect to the internet, before it broke. It was slow with poor reception, but it was SOMETHING!
All the touch screen buttons on the phone work, i just can't see where they are cause it is all black, although the screen back light does come on. I was hoping someone would be nice enough to post two pictures for me.

1) The drag down menu that shows recent apps. It has a settings and notification tab at the bottom, i think. The tab at the bottom on the right is a short cut to turn on wireless, gps, bluetooth and hotspot. I need to make sure i am pressing the right part of the screen to access this.

2) I need a picture of the wireless, gps, bluetooth and hotspot list so i can try to press the right place to turn on the hotspot.

If anyone could post a couple pictures of the process to turn on hotspot I would be HUGELY grateful. I have tried over and over with no luck. Some sort of reference would be nice, like a pencil or ruler, paperclip, ANYTHING, really.

Save me from a slow death of BOREDOM!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones