• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help - Need to unlock my Nexus S

Hi Guys,

I have bought a Nexus S slightly cheaper than normal, but the downside is it is an Orange UK phone and Im on Vodafone UK.

I would like to unlock the handset - but have never done anything like this before.

Does anyone know of a user guide that I can follow to unlock my new handset?

Thanks in advance,

Salmon
UK

I think you will find that it should already be unlocked,the nexus s is only available in the UK from the carphone warehouse,so all unlocked,it doesnt matter what contract the phone was bought with it can be used with any sim....cant think of any reason it would be locked to orange???

Thats brilliant,

So it should come unlocked and ready for us my with Vodafone sim?

Do you think there will be lots of annoying Orange apps/bits of software on the phone already installed?

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
It should come as it is from the factory..what makes you think its locked to orange?,every nexus s in the UK is unlocked,so no bloatware installed just pure android gingerbread,thats the whole idea of the nexus name,pure google,no touchwiz,sense,or any other ui on it....like iv said the nexus is only available in the UK from the CPW,so you get the choice of buying it sim-free,PAYG or with a contract,if you buy with a contract you just choose the carrier.....

Reactions: virtualsalmon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones