1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help - Need to unlock my Nexus S

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by virtualsalmon, Feb 10, 2011.

1. virtualsalmon

virtualsalmon Newbie

Hi Guys,

I have bought a Nexus S slightly cheaper than normal, but the downside is it is an Orange UK phone and Im on Vodafone UK.

I would like to unlock the handset - but have never done anything like this before.

Does anyone know of a user guide that I can follow to unlock my new handset?

Thanks in advance,

Salmon
    UK

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. naths

naths Well-Known Member

I think you will find that it should already be unlocked,the nexus s is only available in the UK from the carphone warehouse,so all unlocked,it doesnt matter what contract the phone was bought with it can be used with any sim....cant think of any reason it would be locked to orange???

virtualsalmon likes this.
  3. virtualsalmon

virtualsalmon Newbie

Thats brilliant,

So it should come unlocked and ready for us my with Vodafone sim?

Do you think there will be lots of annoying Orange apps/bits of software on the phone already installed?

Thanks in advance

4. naths

naths Well-Known Member

It should come as it is from the factory..what makes you think its locked to orange?,every nexus s in the UK is unlocked,so no bloatware installed just pure android gingerbread,thats the whole idea of the nexus name,pure google,no touchwiz,sense,or any other ui on it....like iv said the nexus is only available in the UK from the CPW,so you get the choice of buying it sim-free,PAYG or with a contract,if you buy with a contract you just choose the carrier.....

5. naths

naths Well-Known Member

forgot to add the nexus s is soon to be released on vodafone,but thats the white back edition,so im not sure if that will be locked to vodafone,but definatly not locked to orange......also not sure if the vodafone version will have the samoled screen or the slcd....

6. virtualsalmon

virtualsalmon Newbie

Brilliant,

Thanks dude - really wasnt sure, just presumed she would be locked - it hasnt arrived yet.

Super news.

7. Ceefax

Ceefax Well-Known Member

Sorry I know this is a bit of an old thread, just curious, was the phone unlocked in the end?

Nexus S Forum

The Nexus S release date was December 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

December 2010
Release Date
Reviews