• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help needed w/ DL30 to DJ05

djfrost

Aug 3, 2010
Los Angeles
here's what happened:

i flashed SuperClean DL30. things were working ok...but i was having issues with the market...i couldnt download apps. i also could flash .zips. for example, the microbes live wallpaper, new cwr.

so i thought i would go back to my DJ05 SuperClean...so i went to ROM manager...and booted my last nandroid backup...it ran fine...and then i phone reboot...and was stuck on the Samsung title screen for like 25 minutes...so i pulled the battery...and now i cant even get into recovery...

HELP!!!

what are my options?

whats the process?

so i have been able to get into Samsungs recovery screen...then it turns into CWR. so i've wiped...then reflashed SuperClean DJ05...but nothing...its still stuck @ the Samsung screen...

ok...so how do i ODIN? what files do i need? :(

does that mean i'm going to unroot my phone? will i get dumped back into DI01?

Upvote 0
alright...as i type my phone is getting refreshed to stock form...via Odin...

i guess i'll get myself back to where i was at later today...bummer...:(

so just to be clear, once you get on DL30...theres no way to get back down to DJ05? can someone please claify?

:thinking:
Yes you can. You merely have to go into clockwork wipe data and flash your DJ05 rom and then a DJ05 kernel

Upvote 0

so just to be clear, once you get on DL30...theres no way to get back down to DJ05? can someone please claify?

fyi market was down last night probably because they were adding the web store. it had nothing to do with DL30. It affected all phones I believe.

Upvote 0

you can always get back...odin is always available...i havent tried reverting to a 2.1 backup...id assume its possible...but you would need to get back to old cwr to do so...so odin might be involved...honestly i look at an odin trip back to a backup as a 10 minute excercise..its not a big deal

Upvote 0
so it worked...i'm back on...but now i cant access recovery...i downloaded ROM manager and flashed CWR...when i try to get in to recovery it gives me an error. something about not being able to get the signature. and its not in CWR recovery...its in samsungs recovery screen...

so i'm rooted...with ROM manager...and CWR flashed...but i cant flash other ROMs...

how do i fix this one?

Upvote 0
i get this error when i try to back up my ROM or when i try to install zip from SD. below is the screen i get...

heres the error i get:
----------------------------
Android system recovery <2e>

Samsung Recovery Utils
- for BML-

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
-----------------------------

--Install from packager...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

Upvote 0
i get this error when i try to back up my ROM or when i try to install zip from SD. below is the screen i get...

heres the error i get:
----------------------------
Android system recovery <2e>

Samsung Recovery Utils
- for BML-

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
-----------------------------

--Install from packager...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

have you done a search yet ? :) I'm pretty sure there's lots of threads with the sig error. I had it once but forgot what i did to get rid of it.

Upvote 0
so it worked...i'm back on...but now i cant access recovery...i downloaded ROM manager and flashed CWR...when i try to get in to recovery it gives me an error. something about not being able to get the signature. and its not in CWR recovery...its in samsungs recovery screen...

so i'm rooted...with ROM manager...and CWR flashed...but i cant flash other ROMs...

how do i fix this one?

what are you back on? if its dl09...theres that sneaky locked out of recovery issue

best bet? odin the all in one dio1 file...let it go..when it reboots power off and odin old old cwr....power off.....3 button recovery in cwr....flash a voodoo5 kernel (assuming u were on red recovery backups) reboot

power off, 3 button recovery to red recovery...restore your backup...reboot...go back and enable voodoo at some point too

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
wow...it finally worked...i pushed the old CWR .tar via Odin PDA...and i've got green CWR...

now to flash SuperClean DJ05...

so do we know if reverting back to anything prior to DL30 will cause these problems? is there a work around (other than odin)?

previously if you didnt flash new cwr you could usually mess around and restore from 2.2 to a 2.1 backup....but the tradeoff was you couldnt back froyo up....while it might be possible to not go the odin root to restore a 2.1 backup someone would have to try and get it to work i suppose.

personally i look at 2.1 as something in my rear-view mirror :)

Upvote 0
previously if you didnt flash new cwr you could usually mess around and restore from 2.2 to a 2.1 backup....but the tradeoff was you couldnt back froyo up....while it might be possible to not go the odin root to restore a 2.1 backup someone would have to try and get it to work i suppose.

personally i look at 2.1 as something in my rear-view mirror :)

odin ROUTE cuhz:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones