• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP! New to Android

Seth96

Lurker
Nov 10, 2014
I recently bought a Moto G. I think it may be a 2nd gen, but I'm not sure. It came with 3 backs that are different colors. Anyway, I keep getting a notification that says the GPS needs to be turned on high, or something. Does anyone know what that means? Is it required? And if so, how do I do it? This is my first Android phone, so I'm still figuring things out.

I recently bought a Moto G. I think it may be a 2nd gen, but I'm not sure. It came with 3 backs that are different colors. Anyway, I keep getting a notification that says the GPS needs to be turned on high, or something. Does anyone know what that means? Is it required? And if so, how do I do it? This is my first Android phone, so I'm still figuring things out.
Unless you are using GPS to find your location you can justs swipe to the right to dismiss the notification and it won't show again unless to restart your phone.
If you are not using any GPS services you can turn off location in settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones