• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Opening Gmail Attachments in Froyo

Helenoftroy08

Android Enthusiast
Dec 30, 2009
I did a search, and didnt find anything that was exactly on point with my issue, so I apologize if this is a repost. I am running 2.2 FRF57, and I cannot open attachments with my gmail account. I had uninstalled Gmail, and then after reading so many great things about the new version in Froyo, I re-installed. When I touch the icon, Gmail opens, and then immediately re-closes. Then, I touch the icon again and Gmail opens. I can send and receive email, and I can even open an email with an attachment. With EVERY attachment I try to open though, it says fetching attachment continuously and never opens it. Anyone else experiencing this, or have an idea for a solution? Thanks guys!:)

I did a search, and didnt find anything that was exactly on point with my issue, so I apologize if this is a repost. I am running 2.2 FRF57, and I cannot open attachments with my gmail account. I had uninstalled Gmail, and then after reading so many great things about the new version in Froyo, I re-installed. When I touch the icon, Gmail opens, and then immediately re-closes. Then, I touch the icon again and Gmail opens. I can send and receive email, and I can even open an email with an attachment. With EVERY attachment I try to open though, it says fetching attachment continuously and never opens it. Anyone else experiencing this, or have an idea for a solution? Thanks guys!:)

Honestly I don't think you can open an attachment. I've never been able to open them. I've always had to go thru the browser to my gmail account to download the attachment. It sux that we can't do that.....I don't get why

Upvote 0
Honestly I don't think you can open an attachment. I've never been able to open them. I've always had to go thru the browser to my gmail account to download the attachment. It sux that we can't do that.....I don't get why

Thats interesting. I am really just now giving the gmail app a shot so I had no idea. Does this happen to you if u receive an .apk file in gmail and click install .apk too? Because I get the same result. Guess I may as well uninstall it!

Upvote 0
Thats interesting. I am really just now giving the gmail app a shot so I had no idea. Does this happen to you if u receive an .apk file in gmail and click install .apk too? Because I get the same result. Guess I may as well uninstall it!

I have been using Dropbox to transfer .apk files to the phone. Its really a great way to do it. Then I can share my apps with my fellow droid heads and they can share what they have with me.

Upvote 0
Thats interesting. I am really just now giving the gmail app a shot so I had no idea. Does this happen to you if u receive an .apk file in gmail and

Yeah I've used dropbox before. It's pretty helpful. And APK catcher imma use now.

I have been using Dropbox to transfer .apk files to the phone. Its really a great way to do it. Then I can share my apps with my fellow droid heads and they can share what they have with me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

I think I will try this too...WAAAAAAAY back when I first got my Droid and was scared to root (I know unthinkable right?!) I purchased sprite backup for .99. They have some kind of deal with Dropbox so I'm gonna give it a whirl!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones