• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help, please! Flashed zip-killed network connection

I have followed the directions as you have them (although I am a little confused... am I rooting before the flash of the radio? The instructions seem to suggest that the phone is rooted when I flash but after I install the radio following the directions...which couldn't be easier, thank you :) ...the phone isn't rooted.)

But sadly there is still no connection to 3G data. Again, I appreciate all you have done to help.

Upvote 0
I have followed the directions as you have them (although I am a little confused... am I rooting before the flash of the radio? The instructions seem to suggest that the phone is rooted when I flash but after I install the radio following the directions...which couldn't be easier, thank you :) ...the phone isn't rooted.)

You need to root the phone to get the custom recovery on the phone. You may not have installed the superuser app, etc., to get root level access to Android on your phone now, or install a custom ROM, but now you can.

But sadly there is still no connection to 3G data. Again, I appreciate all you have done to help.

And I can suggest one last try for *228 option 1 to activate and *228 option 2 to update the PRL. Not that this sounds promising...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones