• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help please! Revolut app is not uninstalling correctly.

AndroVladD

Lurker
Nov 1, 2020
Hello...I am getting pretty desperate already. I had the Revolut app for quite some time and a few months ago I joined it's beta testing program from the google play store app. Everything was ok until yesterday when Revolut had a problem with the login process. Of course I couldn't login either and I thought the problem was on my side, so I started trying to fix it. I left the beta program, restarted the phone and then reinstalled the app. Then it started going downhill...even tho I was no longer in the beta program, google play still downloaded the beta version of the app. I tried reinstalling, restarting, clearing cache and data, installing the app from different sources and I even had a support chat with google and talked to their tech staff. Of course after all these attempts, my phone keeps installing the beta version of the app. And the real deal is that after the problem Revolut had yesterday, they launched an update and fixed the bug, and I could install the non beta Revolut and login normally on other phones, but not mine. Ok...I know this was long, but after all this, I realised that my phone must be the problem so that's why I came here. Any help is really appreciated. Let me know if you need any information.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with android 9.

whats wrong with the beta app now? its been updated as you say, so..........it should be working fine, right? you can ask the dev team from the app and see what they say. maybe they can even give you the apk for the non beta app.
Yeah I understand what you want to say, but the beta version that is installing is the old one before the update...I can't get rid of it and the app only works if I do it from another phone.

Upvote 0
Yeah I understand what you want to say, but the beta version that is installing is the old one before the update...I can't get rid of it and the app only works if I do it from another phone.
ahh i see. try deleting data and cache for the play store as well as the beta app. make sure you do this before uninstalling the app.

and if all else fails you can try and contact the dev team like i said before. they might know of a trick or they can give you the apk for you to install.

Upvote 0
ahh i see. try deleting data and cache for the play store as well as the beta app. make sure you do this before uninstalling the app.

and if all else fails you can try and contact the dev team like i said before. they might know of a trick or they can give you the apk for you to install.
I already did that with the google staff. I also wrote to the devs of Revolut so I quess I'll wait for their answer and use the app from another phone until then...thank you for you answers!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones