• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help please

Dec 23, 2018
I have the Samsung galaxy note 10 plus, and am having a problem I am hoping someone can help me with please. When I go into my files, only a few folders are visible out of many in my internal storage. In my sd card files, most of them show up, but not all of them. Yet they are all on my phone. I downloaded a file manager app to see if they were there, and they were visible there. Does anyone have any idea as to why files are not showing up? Thanks.

can you connect the phone to pc? you said you backed up the photos to internal. and everything on your phone is your internal......so i'm confused what you actually did. also check your google photos. if you are signed in with google you should also be with google photos. google photos should automatically back up your photos

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Keep in mind that when you're using something like a file manager app that you've installed on your Note, you are using an Android app that's running on an Android device. You will be able to see more and manage more files and folders using a file manager app because it's running 'natively'. When you're trying to do the same things on a computer or laptop, it's a very different situation. Presumably that computer will be running Windows or MacOS, both being very different operation systems than Android. So when you use something like Windows Explorer or Mac Finder to view and/or manage files and folders on your Note, there are going to be a lot of limitations involved. You're using a non-native file manager to access data on a device running a different operating system with a different file system.
Also, there are a lot of directories that have restricted, system-level permissions. They're not accessible for general usage.

Generally, use the file manager app on your Note as a primary utility to manage your files and folders residing in its internal storage and microSD card. Use a computer's file manager to transfer files between your two devices.
Which file manager app did you install?
Some are more basic, some have more extensive feature sets. The more extensive ones often include networking capabilities so you can use the file manager app to also access locally networked devices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones