• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help Please!!!

XikkeN

Aug 4, 2010
Alright, I rooted my Nexus S 4G this guide. My phone was running 2.3.5 but I figured that these steps in Terminal wouldn't really change. When I flashed the "recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-crespo.img" it didn't install properly (I assume because it was out of date/wrong version) Anyway, I flashed this instead with no problems.

In my euphoria over solving my clockwork problem, I forgot to flash the "su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip" and flashed the current version of MIUI. I am now stuck in a bootloop and I cannot enter recovery by using power+volume. I cannot turn the phone off. I can load the bootloader screen using Terminal while I plug it into my computer, but I don't know what to flash to fix the phone, and start over/end up with a Nexus running MIUI.

many things went wrong here, you didnt disable or rename the file that installs stock recovery on boot. miui includes root, so thats not the issue.

do you stil have adb access when you boot the phone? if so id suggest using my one click, if not then better learn how to fastboot http://wonderly.com/bb/CRESPO4G/OEM/GRJ22IMAGES.zip all these :)

I can fastboot already. I just did it and flashed this GRJ90 Stock Rooted ROM I'm no longer stuck in a bootloop. Beyond removing that file is there anything I need to do to ensure that MIUI sticks properly now?

Upvote 0
miui isnt teh problem its that file that flashes stock recovery on every boot, download rom manager and tell it to flash cwm a few times to get it to stick :) from there you can just flash miui again and it should be fine :) just make sure to wipe before flashing

Is there another location for that file besides /etc? It isn't visible/in there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones