• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help please!

mercury88

Jul 15, 2012
Been a month or 2 since I rooted this thing. Wanted to go back to stock rooted rom which I have a nandroid of. Tried through CWmod and it just shuts phone down. Battery pull reboots it. Tried button combo volume down power and it did factory reset. Now it doesn't want to reboot at all, just shows LG screen briefly. How do I get to recovery to restore a nandroid?? Thanks!

Update

I got into recovery restored stock root nandroid but when I try to reboot it, it just goes back to recovery. If I battery pull and boot regular it shows LG screen for a second and goes dark.

Upvote 0
that sucks... if you had Broken Out on there i was gonna to just flash that, as it has the bootloop fix in it. Then just restore your nandroid, it was a good thought though. im paranoid and dont delete anything i think may possibly one day be important. So i have all the Bo's, eclipse, BP, bootloopfix, ota block zip, holoS rom, popcorn kernel ,blitz kernel, etc .. lmao

Upvote 0
Yeah this is my 5th rooted phone and 1st time having a problem. Just so diff CMmod wise than others. I tried broken out but liked eclipse better and over time forgot about the CW issues on this thing...oops. Regarding deleting stuff..I'm just a bit of a neat freak, always throwing away and deleting shit I end up needing later, lol. Be back on later tonight after 7pm EST and let ya know if it worked!
that sucks... if you had Broken Out on there i was gonna to just flash that, as it has the bootloop fix in it. Then just restore your nandroid, it was a good thought though. im paranoid and dont delete anything i think may possibly one day be important. So i have all the Bo's, eclipse, BP, bootloopfix, ota block zip, holoS rom, popcorn kernel ,blitz kernel, etc .. lmao

Upvote 0
So I flashed the bootloop fix and it reboots. Then when I did a factory reset under settings and storage it takes me back to cwmod loop again. Do I always need to flash the bootloop fix? I must be missing another step. Want to get it to stock root and then wipe it but remain rooted...ideas?

Thanks!

It's different than most phones, period. The unlocked bootloader creates new challenges for people that flash the roms, because a bad flash can hard brick the phone, whereas other phones have the stock recovery safety net.

Upvote 0
I'm on stock rom rooted now and it reboots fine. Just wondering if there's a permanent fix or any other dangers here since I am trading the phone for a nexus. Don't want the dude I'm trading with to think he got screwed if he reboots it wrong etc.

Not sure why you are not using adb... while on black plague the only way I could get to CWM was using "adb reboot recovery"

You can use it to add files to your SD card also, I prefer that method these days as you don't have to unmount the SD card from the phone (so you can still use your phone if the cable is long enough)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones