• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help Required - USB In Hboot Not Working

dr3n

Lurker
May 25, 2010
Hi guys - im having some problems with my desire.. my phone is presently in a htc white logo > reset > htc white screen logo > reset loop of doom... I can load up my hboot menu but that is about it.. If i try and select recovery in hboot it just resets the phone back into the htc white logo > reset > htc white screen logo loop.. somebody has suggested that unrevoked scewed up somewhere along the line and to install the RUU but windows isnt even recognising it as a USB drive in hboot...

Can anyone offer any help or suggestions please..? I am tearing my hair out here... :(

It's supposed to return to the HBOOT screen initially as it reflashes it, it should then check the file again and flash the rest.

It sounds though like your phone is probably bricked, an RUU/PB99IMG.zip is the only way to recover if it all goes wrong.

(The good news is that HTC will certainly cover it under warranty)

Reactions: dr3n
Upvote 0
So it's failing to flash the zip file, which is very bad. Did all this happen when you ran unrevoked3 or later?

When you plug in via USB does it say HBOOT USB or does it just not respond at all?

edit: also, try both of those PB99IMG.zip files, you can find links for both via the 'froyo RUU' thread.

Reactions: dr3n
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones