• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help! S-On and Radio_V2 - Fail PU during upgrading

nsnobel2

Lurker
Sep 14, 2011
Hi friends :)

I am junior here. Hope you will help me to finish my job. I received htc desire with 4 exclamation mark on each corner and no hboot menu anymore. I tried to upload different RUU but failed , finally I decide to repair it with Riff box and put supercid in it. But every time when I rung RUU 4 triangles came again. At last I repaired with riff again and now i extract rom.zip file RUU and run it in gold card but fail flashing at " Radio_V2 - Fail PU" :thinking::mad:.
I really getting mad and no point come to hand from where to start to finish this big headache . I extract and flash following files in SD card.

RUU_Bravo_HTC_Europe_1.15.405.3_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_121865
RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.29.405.5_Radio_32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27_release_159811_signed
HTC_Desire_Android_2.3_Upgrade.

Its not getting into recover mode

its details are as follow.

Bravo PVT1 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT 1.02.0001(which was 0.93.000 after repair with riff)
Radio-4.06.00.02_2

pls brothers help me to the correct point. I will highly appreciate it. thanks

and regards,

Unfortunately I fear Shauny is right (he's pretty experienced with this stuff).

I don't actually know what "riff box" is. But you clearly do have a problem with the radio flash: you've got the hboot from the 2.3 upgrade but that radio is ancient, pre-Froyo for sure.

You've been using the PB99IMG method by the sound of it. You could try running the upgrade RUU from a PC over USB, though if the one method fails I'd expect the other to as well. But I'm not at all optimistic, because an RUU cannot fix a radio brick, which is what I think you have here, and probably the phone was in that state before you received it. Once it's in that state only HTC have the kit to fix it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones