• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help - Selling on Craigslist

rhiamms

Lurker
Dec 2, 2011
Hi! I have never sold a phone on Craigslist before and was wondering if anyone can help me out with a few questions. I plan on selling two Droid X phones in the Los Angeles area.

1. Am I generally expected to include the SD card that came with my phone? If I take it out, do I need to mention in the ad that it is not included and/or lower the price at all? I was planning to only offer up the phone and the charger, but I can include the SD card if that's standard.

2. Any idea what price I should be asking Droid X phones in Los Angeles?

3. Can anyone link me to a basic guide to erasing/resetting a phone that you intend to sell?

Thanks in advance.

I can try to help answer two questions:

1-Always state everything that is going along with the sale and that includes if you are selling the SD card or not. Some people may be interested in the card but many others will already have there own and may use it as a bargaining chip (I don't know what card you have but most are only worth a few dollars).

3-If you are selling the SD card with the phone then follow these two steps (if not just go to step b):

a-Settings->Storage->Format USB Storage

b-Settings->Privacy->Factory data reset

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones