• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help setting up 2 Droids

chrlswltrs

Extreme Android User
Nov 12, 2009
Seattle
This week I am going to root 2 droids, one for my daughter and 1 for my roommate. I have a rooted Droid X so I am familiar with rooting, ROMs, themes, etc.

I have a few questions, but here is what I want to accomplish for each phone:

Daughter's: Root, overclock, extend battery life. I just want to speed it up and use wireless tether. I don't want it to be different in a way she will notice so any ROMs or anything need to be the same as stock android. I just want it to run a little faster/smoother.

Roommates: Root, overclock, extend battery life, theme. This is her first android phone so I will be teaching her how to use it from scratch so easier is better. I will be installing several root apps on here.

Both need to be stable ROMs if I use a ROM. I have rooted using both adb and universalandroot. Obviosely I prefer 1 click root, but will it work on a Droid running 2.2 from the OTA. If not I would prefer to root via adb rather than flash using RSD if 1 click root won't work.

What would you guys recommend?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones