• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help! Tablet won"t turn on!

I have a Klu by Curtis LT7033D tablet, I got it as a gift since February brand new and it hasn't had any problems until now.

A month and a half ago ago my charger started being weird to where I had to twist it a bit to start charging it, I didn't pay too much mind to it cause my tablet was fine and I always kept it up to charge.

A few weeks ago, I let my little brother play with it while we were in this long car ride and he drained the battery flat(First time I've let it happen) and when I come home to charge it, all it shows is the dead red battery symbol flashing and sometimes it will switch to a blue battery with a orange/red exclamation point in the middle of it(I have no idea what that means). I tried leaving it in the charger for hours and didn't do anything different.

I then just left it sitting on my dresser not charging for a week cause it was obviously stressing me out that I couldn't get it to do anything. Anyways, after the week passed by I tried again but this time it wouldn't show the dead red battery symbol or the blue battery red exclamation mark symbol, it was just a black blank screen like it would be if it was shut down.

I looked online everywhere to find out ways to figure out how to fix it:
I tried holding the power+volume up/down
I tried holding the power for 30 seconds
I tried using the tiny reset button it has on the back of the tablet.
None of it did anything to change it.

I soon found out that your not supposed to let the battery completely drain or else it messes up the battery(Can't remember the exact details).

I just need somebody to tell me if this is broken or fixable with any other details they can give me, much appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones