• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP! Trying to root 2.3.6

Now I'm no noob to this i have already rooted and flashed about 10 or so phones. but i have ran into a problem on the optimus m plus. everything i am finding for root is regarding 2.2.2 or 2.2.1 has anyone succesfully flaseh a 2.3.6 with a 2.2.2. root? or will i need to look around. i have seen some posts showing how to downgrade 2.2.2 to 2.2.1 now i have never had to downgrade before so i am a noob to that. if i do have to downgrade can someone possibly give me a hand with links or explaining it? Thanks...

Go to this post, root it, and then get a rom like Playful God's port of CM7. Don't worry about custom recoveries, the root guide takes care of that and installs one for you.

I have done a successful 2.3.7 flash with 2.2.2.

He has the Optimus M+ and can't do that method. He also can't install a ROM from there (the OM+ doesn't have any roms).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones