• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help unlocking phone from forgotten passcode

smac7965

Lurker
Dec 27, 2012
I have an HTC Inspire and I changed my passcode last night, only to forget it shortly after. I have tried over 5 times unsuccessfully to remember it, but now I'm completely locked out of my phone. I was told that I will have to do a factory reset on it, but does anyone know if I can still do the HTC sync first? If I cannot access the phone to approve the sync? Lots of texts and pics I need for legal purposes and do not want to lose them.

I don't know of a way to bypass the password w/o a factory reset. And I've never used HTC Sync to back up so I'm not sure how that would work. However, camera pictures are saved on your sd card, so those should not be affected with the factory reset. I would suggest taking the sd card out and backing up the contents to your computer just in case. As for the texts, unless you were using an app that backs up that data (and I don't think HTC Sync does), those will be gone w/ the factory reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones