• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Help uploading and later downloading images

JazzW

Lurker
Dec 4, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am pretty new to programming in general, only a year or so of experience, and have only started working on an android app in the past month or two. In any case, I am using Unity and C# (not usual for android I know, but I already knew C# and Unity fairly well). It works, but the main issue I'm having right now is that I cannot figure out how to get the phone to open up the users pictures and the upload it to a server, once they've added some information, then later pull it from the server and use it. I really have no idea where to even start with this, or even create/use a server at all. (I may not even be using the right terminology, I'm talking about MySQL, or something similar) In any case, I have a $0 budget, which I've heard can, in most cases, be enough. Im not sure if i should start by setting up a MySQL server, or using Intent (if thats even the right function), or where, so anything would be helpful really.

*Note: due to my lack of an idea of where to start I have no code relating to this at all, so there's no point in asking for my code as I have none.

Thanks!
Jazz

Upvote 0
I would first check with your ISP. Most of them provide a web server facility. If not then you could approach one of the numerous web hosting companies on the web.
If you want to know the technical details of setting up a web server, just Google 'Apache web server'

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones