• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help with adb and fresh update

dbc00per

Lurker
Jun 12, 2010
dual booted pc windows 7 and vista. i cannot seem to enable any shell commands to my evo, i have the android sdk on my pc & when clicking on the adb exe it opens then closes, when trying to issue commands through command prompt it cannot find device or random various errors occur im trying to gain write access which i thought i already had but apparently i was mistaken. my goal is to update fresh 0.3 to newest release have tried to update though rom manger but clockwork recovery is causing issues amon ra recovery installs through rom manager but i still end up stuck in htc boot screen loop when trying to update to newest fresh any helpp would be greatly appreciated

1) Connect your evo to the pc
2) put it in 'charge only mode'
3) turn on USB debugging (menu->settings->applications->Development, first check box)
4) navigate in command ('cmd') to the tools folder in your android sdk folders
5) type 'adb kill-server' (probably not necessary, but i did last night when i was learning to use adb)
6) type 'adb shell'

You should be in.

Reactions: gregsmith59
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones