1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with Contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sarah J, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Sarah J

Sarah J Lurker

Hi there,

I have a Samsung S21Ultra and I need help with a contact problem.

My husband's work line has recently changed and I updated the new Phone number but the old number still shows up as "Other". I would like to edit it and delete it but I'm having no luck. I know I could delete the number and add it again, but I don't want to lose the info that's on there as I share his business contact info all the time. As far as I know, it doesn't share his old number but it does show up as an option to call everytime I call his work number.

If anyone knows how to fix this I would appreciate it. I'm not tech savy but I can usually figure things out on my own, but I'm stuck on this one and this is my first post.

Thanks in advance,
    SJ

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Go to contacts>contact's name>edit>find contacts number>delete the number by selecting the number to be deleted and use the backspace to actually delete it>click on save at the bottom.

ironass, puppykickr and Dannydet like this.
  3. Sarah J

Sarah J Lurker

As soon as I click edit. The "other" number doesn't show up. It's only on the contact page. Maybe it's just logistics and it will go away once it hadn't been called in a while but I'll see if I can screen shot the problem.

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

That's kinda weird. Have you tried just rebooting the phone to see whether that will clear it?

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G release date is 29 January. Features and Specs include a 6.8" inch screen, 108MP camera, 12/16GB RAM, Snapdragon 888 or Exynos 2100 processor, and 5000mAh battery.

29 January
Release Date
Reviews