• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with Handcent

Iolair

Lurker
Dec 24, 2012
I have tried to review other threads regarding Handcent, and could not find out that matched the issue I am having. My apologies if I missed it.

I am attempting to set a specific audio file for a single contact. I have the notification set up within Handcent, and the test for it plays the correct file. However when I get a message (MMS) from that contact the only file that plays is the default notification sound found under the Android Menu > Settings > Sounds > Default Notification.

I have verified that Handcent is my default messaging application, and that notifications for the stock messaging application are turned off. Sprint Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch), ICS version 4.0.4, using GO Launcher.

Thank you for any assistance that can be provided, for now I have made the default sound the one I wish for just the one contact, as it is a computer system alerting me to trouble at work and thus needs to be very loud and annoying in case I am asleep :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones