• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with my new SGS2 - New to Andriod

samhawkes86

Jun 7, 2011
Hi guys,

got my new unbranded samsung galaxy s2. Coming from an iphone 3gs im very happy with it :-D

Just a couple of questions i really need help with

1. Within the Contacts App of the phone, at the top left, on the left hand side of the tab Logs, I have a light blue light showing. Is this normal? Does any of your phone do this?
2. GT Racing HD from the Games Hub on my phone, for some reason when I load it, it just goes to a black screen. I have to press the back key twice which will then for some reason kick the game into action? Do any of you have this game and experience this?
3. Within the About phone in the settings, theres a few didnt info points, what one do I need to focus in with regards to making sure I have the latest firmware?

Mine shows the following,

Baseband version - I900XXKE4

Kernal Version - 2.6.35.7-I900XWKE7-CL215725 root@DELL103 #3

Build number - GINGERBREAD.XWKE7

I've read KE7 is the latest but within baseband it says KE4 and the others say KE7?

Thanks for your help guys.

Hi guys,

got my new unbranded samsung galaxy s2. Coming from an iphone 3gs im very happy with it :-D

Just a couple of questions i really need help with

1. Within the Contacts App of the phone, at the top left, on the left hand side of the tab Logs, I have a light blue light showing. Is this normal? Does any of your phone do this?
2. GT Racing HD from the Games Hub on my phone, for some reason when I load it, it just goes to a black screen. I have to press the back key twice which will then for some reason kick the game into action? Do any of you have this game and experience this?
3. Within the About phone in the settings, theres a few didnt info points, what one do I need to focus in with regards to making sure I have the latest firmware?

Mine shows the following,

Baseband version - I900XXKE4

Kernal Version - 2.6.35.7-I900XWKE7-CL215725 root@DELL103 #3

Build number - GINGERBREAD.XWKE7

I've read KE7 is the latest but within baseband it says KE4 and the others say KE7?

Thanks for your help guys.

First off, the blue light. Put your finger on the top "bar" of tabs and drag left and right! You'll see more tabs! :p

About the racing game (not to experienced in this area seeing as I'm not much of phone gamer) but it could be due to the fact you got it from the games hub. Try reinstalling and see if that fixes it. If not, try getting it from the market/the 100 Gameloft application.

And you've got the latest, KE7.

Disregard the baseband code, my basebad ends in KD1, but my kernel and build number say KE3 (because that's what I've got on my phone. :))

Upvote 0
thank you for that.

lol what a dougnut i am, took me all day to work out how to make a call only to realise that all i had to do was swipe across in the contacts (then realised what that blue light was for). You can tell ive been on apple cart for a while!

cheers for the tip ref the gameloft app but i cant find it. ive tried 100 gameloft, gameloft, even just tried searching for the gt racing game on its own and cant find it (within the andriod market). sorry im probably not doing something properly or maybe mis understood what you meant?

again thanks for confirming what to make note of ref firmware :)

i must say, im loving this fone sooooo much lol. although it does tend to get hot when i play premuim games, but its not to the point of burning me so i dont mind, although i do worry about the small and delicate componants within the phone when it starts getting quite hot.

Also i find that i have to turn off and turn on the wifi to get it to start using it again if i leave my phone for an extended period of time, but i think thats normal as i had to do that on my iphone 3gs.

beside those very minor things tho this phone is pretty much perfect :-D

Upvote 0
thank you for that.

lol what a dougnut i am, took me all day to work out how to make a call only to realise that all i had to do was swipe across in the contacts (then realised what that blue light was for). You can tell ive been on apple cart for a while!

cheers for the tip ref the gameloft app but i cant find it. ive tried 100 gameloft, gameloft, even just tried searching for the gt racing game on its own and cant find it (within the andriod market). sorry im probably not doing something properly or maybe mis understood what you meant?

again thanks for confirming what to make note of ref firmware :)

i must say, im loving this fone sooooo much lol. although it does tend to get hot when i play premuim games, but its not to the point of burning me so i dont mind, although i do worry about the small and delicate componants within the phone when it starts getting quite hot.

Also i find that i have to turn off and turn on the wifi to get it to start using it again if i leave my phone for an extended period of time, but i think thats normal as i had to do that on my iphone 3gs.

beside those very minor things tho this phone is pretty much perfect :-D

About the gameloft thing. Sorry. I just went on it (it was pre-installed on mine). It was T-Mobile bloat ware!

And Android may not be as "rounded" or "smooth" as iOS, but the freedom you gain, in return just makes it so much better!

Seeing as you've been a long term iPhone person, try downloading a file or and mp3 and then go into the file browser and do, well what ever you want! Something you'll never be able to do on Apple.

And type in LauncherPro on market. Run it and you'll be amazed. It's an entirely different "idle screen" with different and changeable animations. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones