1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with new phone and advice

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Will I Am G, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Will I Am G

Will I Am G Newbie

so I am back and fourth with my phones like a yoyo.

I currently has a 6s plus 64gb but I'm thinking of maybe getting a s7 when released or nexus 6p.

But not entirely sure what to do stick with iPhone or go for android again.

My other dilemma thou is laptop or Mac and I also want a smart watch

Thanks in advance x

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I'm not sure how to help. Do you have any requirements which might be better met by one or the other system? Otherwise it's just a matter of personal preference.

3. Will I Am G

Will I Am G Newbie

Not in particular no tbh.

Phone wise I just like the best one.
    Watch wise will be likewise
    Mac or laptop again likewise.

I mainly use them for movies, web etc I'm always on n them messing about with something and playing football manager

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

The thing is "the best one" is a matter of personal preference or requirements - there is no absolute, universal "best" in phones or laptops.

I have an old HTC M7 and a retina MacBook Pro. I have reasons for those choices, but other people may have other needs or preferences, and there are certainly alternatives to both that I could use equally or almost equally well. Conversely your "best" phone may be of no interest to me (e.g. because it's too big to suit me - a specific need for me is "not a phablet").

From what you've said most modern phones or laptops would be fine, so it's probably a matter of what you like best - that's what you'll enjoy using most.

davoid, mikedt, svim and 1 other person like this.
  5. Will I Am G

Will I Am G Newbie

I think from what I have read. It may be the s7 or latest nexus that would be better for me. And a decent laptop as it seems you can do far more on them. I don't exactly do loads on my phone but that maybe because I can't lol

6. gigntor

gigntor Lurker

A computer is definitely far more capable than a phone. But that's not a fair comparison. Laptops are portable, but not as much as phones are. Phones (technology in general) grow significantly even in 6 months alone. Give 'em time.
    A reviewer for a smartwatch said "500 MB RAM? 4GB internal? Sounds like my computer from a few years ago, it's crazy how watches have that now..". -Something along those lines.
    Phones from a few years ago had slide out text pads. Now that's laughed at.

Research each device you are interested in and see which seems best to you. You've used both OSs, which did you enjoy more? There is no "better", as Hadron had mentioned. The "better" one is the one that you enjoy the most.

7. Will I Am G

Will I Am G Newbie

Yeah I guess. I suppose I'm just so indecisive maybe I should just stick with the iPhone its the latest one out a decent size and if they all do the same thing no point just wasting money I guess

8. gigntor

gigntor Lurker

No problems there. In the end, they are both well-made in their own ways. Both do what you need done in the end.
    I'm indecisive, as well. So no judgement from me.

9. Will I Am G

Will I Am G Newbie

Yeah it is an absolute nightmare. I have a real urge I get the s7 when released. But then the other side of me is saying I'm just wasting money really as I have a decent phone as maybe it could be spent on other things

10. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Buy what you like, new phone, new laptop, or both. We all like shiny new gadgets, but stay within your means, like "Can I really afford this, and still be able to pay the rent, bills and not starve? :)

psionandy likes this.
  11. Will I Am G

Will I Am G Newbie

Yeah I mean im able to afford it when I get paid its mainly boredom that I tend to buy things. But it gets apply when in start doing back and fourth like with Xbox and ps4 IV had 3 ps4 now IV settled with my 4th Xbox one lol where I change back and fourth

12. gigntor

gigntor Lurker

Well, it's nice to see that money is not too much of an object for you. But honestly, I would have them both if I had that problem. A PS4 and Xbox One.
    As for phones, I can't help you there. Stick with one if you can.

13. Will I Am G

Will I Am G Newbie

Lol its not that im rich but i could save or trade and add a bit of money thats what I done with the computers