• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero Ntelos

This rom already has a kernal that is overclocked. There are governers you can play with to see what gives you the best battery life. Go to settings>cyanogenmod settings>performance>cpu settings. Don't go playing around with any other performance settings. But all the other cyan setting like interface,lockscreen etc have some neat tweaks that you can mess around with and customize to your liking.

Most find the on demand governor set at 691 max 264 min to give the best battery life. Make sure to check set on boot so your settings will stick when you reboot.

Upvote 0
One last thing cell2011. You should probably make a nandroid of your current rom once your set it up just in case anything would happen. Then back up your whole sd card on your computer just in case.

And you wanted to pay to have your phone rooted:p lol We told you it wasn't that hard. And I bet you feel better that you did it yourself and have an idea of what to do if something would go wrong.

Hope your enjoying your new phone and the speed of the new rom. Don't hesitate to ask if you have anymore questions we all will be glad to help.

Upvote 0
You guys are grt yes ty so much you too DonB. Do i check use jit. Also does it hurt to go to close to max on the cpu? Is advanced task killer ok to have and anti virus? I dont like the ads in background on task.

Some people have had good luck with jit on others it gives them issues. I ran it for a week and my phone started to slow down so I just leave it off.

As for cpu settings again some phones can handle 768 no problems others it can cause reboots. I can run 768 but don't notice to much difference between that and 691. Plush the lower the speed the better battery life.

And android does not need task killers. It is built on a linux platform that handles cpu and memory by its self natively. Google android and task killers and you can read more in depth on the subject.

Upvote 0
Once again all phones react different. I'm at 32 as well I usually leave most things alone that are set up by the developer because I assume they set the settings that work best with how built the rom. But just experiment and see what makes it run the smoothest for you. I it slows down just go back to the original. That's the beauty of root you can tinker all day to try and improve your experience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones