• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hero sms issue.

Elpelco

Nov 13, 2009
UK
I know this is a known issue, but my Hero is one of the ones that doesn't get all the text messages sent its way. They register as delivered but the phone never picks them up.
I've got SMS to mailbox installed, which means I'm not missing messages any more, but I'd rather that was a temporary solution.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

I don't have a fix for you, having never experienced the issue myself, but perhaps you should give us some more information so that we may narrow down the cause of the problem.

Are you on a European Hero or Sprint Hero? Locked or unlocked? And which provider? What are your APN settings (Settings>Wireless Controls>Mobile Network Settings>Access Point Names)?

Upvote 0
Sure, sorry. It's a European Hero, unlocked, (unbranded), currently on Vodafone. I don't think it's a newtwork thing though, because I am getting my messages via sms to mailbox, but the phone isn't picking them up; Hero users all over the place have reported the same thing.
RE apn settings, it's set to Vodafone post-pay ISP, do you need any other info?

Upvote 0
Just got my Hero (sim free UK model) on Vodafone the other day, didn't adjust any settings and the SMS are arriving as normal - have ytou checked the ROM version of your phone? (although I was recieving SMS fine before I upgraded to the latest rom).

The APN is for mobile internet (post pay is what Vodafone term Contract Internet).

Regards

Alex

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones