• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hey i was wondering if anyone can help me? (tethering)

ok i have a droid and i wanna know a lot of things like 1.with tethering how do you know how much data you have left before u go over 5gb 2.if i have easy tether does that mean i wont go over the limit or ill have a better chance of not getting noticed by verizon and having to pay extra 30$3.also can someone explain how i can go over the limit and if i do can i take it back. thanks

You can check your data on My Verizon. Easytether doesn't do anything PdaNet doesn't, and other apps only modify it with bluetooth or wi-fi. If Verizon catches you, they can terminate your contract and do other scary things. You go over the limit by downloading files (including webpages) that total to more than 5GB. Verizon still may not catch you if you do go over. You obviously cannot "un-download" files, or give back the bandwidth. Doesn't work.

Reactions: ragecage117
Upvote 0
1. Since there is no 5gb limit, VzW is truly unlimited(at least on the droid phones).
2. None of the current tethering apps AFAIK have a 'limiter' on them. YOU will need to watch your bandwidth usage. Verizon knows these apps exist, they know they are used. Just search the forum for any one of the tethering threads.
2. Data downloaded is data downloaded. You can not 'take it back'

Reactions: ragecage117
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones