• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi from Buckinghamshire, England

jTemplar

Lurker
Jan 17, 2013
Hi

My name is John and I live in High Wycombe, Bucks, UK.

I have a Nexus 4 and have just made my first post here about a problem I have with it.

Hopefully my posts will not all be about problems though as I do like the Nexus and hope to keep it alongside my iPhone 4S and Blackberry 9300.

See y'all later! :)

Welcome, fellow Buck-shite (is that the right word ..?)

Re your issue: I would suggest taking the phone and SIM to a 3 store and try a replacement. I think you're saying that the phone works fine with other SIMs, so it looks like the problem is with the 3UK SIM rather than the phone.

If the problem is with all SIMs, then you may have a dodgy N4 and need to get Google to replace it. They're apparently quite good at doing that.

I'm on T-Mob and my N4 recognised the new SIM (had to get a new SIM as my old one was regular size) immediately, no problems.

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones