• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hi i'm jai.i hav neo v..........

Welcome to the forums... battery life on smartphones is not great to be honest.

Any weak signal will cause battery loss. When a phone/tablet detects a weak signal, it will send more power to the radio to boost its ability to connect to that signal (I think).

Similarly any drop from 4G->3G will cause the phone/tablet to look for a 4G connection, also causing battery drain for sure. The same is true for WiFi -- if the connection gets dropped, the phone/tablet will work a little harder to find it.

Best bet is to use something like Tasker and/or some widgets to really control when any battery draining activity is taking place.

Battery draining activities include:

-The screen being on
-3G/4G
-WiFi
-Bluetooth
-Background data sync
-Any large data transfer or frequent screen redrawing (eg the surfing the web with the browser)

You might want to check out the sub-forum for your phone - Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V - Android Forums as other users will be able to give you the best hints and tips on getting the most out of your phone!

Hope you find this place useful!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones