• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
[edit] Sorry - I should just say hello, hello! I've dumped this question in the appropriate thread now. Thanks!

Three days into Android, via a HTC Desire, and I'm a convert - great OS backed up by an open, friendly community:) - got my head around most things by trial/error/forums, but there's one thing: I'm OCD about keeping my OSs supertidy, so the preloaded Orange branded HTC is a pain, as its got a load of URL/program shortcuts for stuff I'll never use; games, pay-subscribe traffic apps, etc - thing is, they have no uninstallers, or even the sledgehammer of a delete - they just sit there in my manage applications list mocking me! Tried a couple of third party uninstallers, but these just scan the installed apps for ones with uninstallers, something I can do by hand....

I'm sure there's a nice easy way of getting rid of these objects, but I wanted to check with people who know what they're doing first:) - I've got a 3rd party FS explorer, OI, which I can hit the FS of the phone, where I can see .apk and .opex files for the offending apps, so a question:

1) What are the consequences of deleting both files in Android? Orphaned objects elsewhere, etc...

Thanks!

[edit] Sorry - I should just say hello, hello! I've dumped this question in the appropriate thread now. Thanks!

Three days into Android, via a HTC Desire, and I'm a convert - great OS backed up by an open, friendly community:) - got my head around most things by trial/error/forums, but there's one thing: I'm OCD about keeping my OSs supertidy, so the preloaded Orange branded HTC is a pain, as its got a load of URL/program shortcuts for stuff I'll never use; games, pay-subscribe traffic apps, etc - thing is, they have no uninstallers, or even the sledgehammer of a delete - they just sit there in my manage applications list mocking me! Tried a couple of third party uninstallers, but these just scan the installed apps for ones with uninstallers, something I can do by hand....

I'm sure there's a nice easy way of getting rid of these objects, but I wanted to check with people who know what they're doing first:) - I've got a 3rd party FS explorer, OI, which I can hit the FS of the phone, where I can see .apk and .opex files for the offending apps, so a question:

1) What are the consequences of deleting both files in Android? Orphaned objects elsewhere, etc...

Thanks!
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones