• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Hidden app is "stuck" in the list? Need help!

Okay, I have a somewhat unique problem I think. Let me go over how it happened first so I can possibly get some help to get it fixed.

I recently rooted my Droid RAZR and installed Titanium backup to remove some unwanted bloatware apps from my phone. I uninstalled NFL Mobile but when I did, I had it hidden in my app list. Well after I uninstalled it, I noticed it still said I had 1 hidden app. So I checked my hidden app list and it was empty. I rebooted my phone to see if it was related to uninstalling the app and after a reboot the list still shows 1 hidden app, but is completely empty.

On a hunch, I reinstalled NFL Mobile from the android market. Instead of it going into my app list it went directly to my hidden apps list. The NFL Mobile icon is back in the list, but now my option to unhide it is gone and there is "Uninstall" instead. I tried uninstalling it again and it still shows 1 hidden app and the list was again empty.

Is there any way to get the "unhide" option back so I can move it out of my hidden app list and then uninstall it so it my hidden apps list doesn't show a "phantom" app? Or possibly a way to just "reset" my hidden app list so I can uninstall NFL Mobile and have my hidden app count be 0 again?

After even more fighting with my phone, I managed to solve my own problem I think.

What I did was made sure NFL Mobile was fully updated, rebooted the phone, opened titanium backup, find NFL Mobile in the list of apps, then select "convert to system app" after that, in the hidden app list, the "Unhide" option was back instead of the uninstall option. After I cleared it out of the hidden app list, I was able to uninstall it without issue.

I'm sorry about asking this question in the first place, but it was definitely a head scratcher, so maybe this thread will be useful in the future for someone who does something similar.

Reactions: Podivin
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones