• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home button and google now

acraftylady

Android Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2013
Geesh put this in another thread instead of starting a new topic. Well I was playing around with my settings and now when I long hold my home button google now no longer comes up. It now opens my browser instead. I can double tap the home button and S voice still comes up so it's just the google now I messed up and I searched and am not seeing how to restore it with a long hold of the home button so could use some help please. I have googled all over and can't figure out how to reset the home button to that. Mary

Yes it's toggled to on and I can use the app from the app page but I messed something up and just can't long hold my home button for google now to open, it opens my browser instead to google search webpage. I was playing around and it asked me something and set it to that now. I was hoping not to have to test the factory reset if I can help it. Mary

Upvote 0
I finally got it. I use dolphin browser for android and that's what the home button was defaulting too when I said it was opening my browser to the google search page. I uninstalled dolphin and now the home button reverted back to google now so I think when I installed dolphin again it will stay that way, whew my brain feels better. Mary

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones