• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home Button Flashes and Random Home Screen Toggling

swhockey98

Lurker
Nov 2, 2010
Let me first off say I absolutely love my Captivate despite one issue I'm having with it. I'm not sure if anyone is experiencing the same issue, I tried plugging these troubleshooting keywords into Google and I'm not coming up with helpful information so I'm going to try posting here.

I am using a stock version of 2.1, with root, Launcher Pro, Home Switcher, and the Active Kill app (although I tried removing Active Kill and I'm still getting the issue, so I guess it's irrelevant).

Here's the issue I'm running across:

1) Press on/off button
2) Swipe finger to unlock screen
3) After phone is unlocked my phone keeps randomly toggling through all 3 of my desktops and won't stop unless I press the on/off button.
4) The Home button also flashes occasionally.

This is also occurring randomly when I'm using the messaging application and K-9 Mail.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue? Any solution or troubleshooting steps?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones