• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Home screen in Landscape

Looks like just a little bug. I was on my home screen holding my Nexus like if it was in landscape and was started to pull my Notification bar and the whole home screen layout went into landscape mode. I took a screen of it and after I did that it went back to normal. I am not rooted and running 100% stock ICS.

ed27c190.png

Happened to me once on exiting an app in landscape mode. Nova Launcher can do this for you.

Nova Launcher is based on exactly the same code as the stock launcher, so you won't be losing any ICS goodness. There are just a few additional features like infinite scrolling, (i.e. from homescreens 7 back to 1) and scrolling dock area (where the 'all apps' shortcut is allowing you up to 15 icons there) and the landscape homescreens.

I was a bit wary of installing 3rd party launcher but this is great. It's not in the market yet, but a Google search will find the XDA page where it can be found. Definitely recommended!

Upvote 0
If you want to retain the ICS feel, the NOVA is the only solution.

My point exactly. If you want an old feel and look, then fine, but if you got the phone for the latest software then Nova uses the stock code. Gestures is one of the features big worked on - if you want cutting edge, it's not always perfect from day one.

What special "feel"? There are icons on the dock, you tap the icons, the apps open.
You long press the screen a menu pops up, so again, what special "feel"?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones