• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Home Screens Problem

A couple of us have had this problem. It seems to be dust or maybe static on the trackpad. Just wiping down the trackpad fixed it for me.

Here's a link to my thread, which has a link to another thread as well discussing the same issue:
http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/69631-phantom-screen-touches.html#post645169

Hope you get it sorted out. I was worried as hell when it started happening and repeated phone restarts didn't fix it. Hasn't been a problem since I cleaned the trackpad though. The static electricity theory could make sense in my case too, as it started happening right after I was walking around for a bit with it in my shirt pocket.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,
I brought my phone to Verizon store, and they exchanged a new one for me.
By the way, on mine, I don't think it was caused by the optical track mouse.
I found out that it only acts weird in darker areas(less lightings), and it works as normal outside or brighter areas.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones