• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Home screenshots

I can't quote photos yet, I suppose, but I'm wondering why the icons on the dock look different on some people's home screens. I'm also new to the forums, and to the Android OS. I'm getting the LG Motion this weekend or early next week.

Android is flexible.

Various makers provide different looks and you can download a custom launcher (homescreen replacement) and then get custom icon packs as well.

Welcome to Android, welcome to the forums! :)

Reactions: mrpnut
Upvote 0
just got it and having fun so far!!

Attachments

• 2012-09-14-09-23-54.jpg
    2012-09-14-09-23-54.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 180
Upvote 0
Android is flexible.

Various makers provide different looks and you can download a custom launcher (homescreen replacement) and then get custom icon packs as well.

Welcome to Android, welcome to the forums! :)

Thanks for the welcome! :)

So, the home screen that Jrdroid has is different because they probably have a custom launcher, correct? I like the icons on their dock compared to the others.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the welcome! :)

So, the home screen that Jrdroid has is different because they probably have a custom launcher, correct? I like the icons on their dock compared to the others.

Tap his name in his post above, drop him a line if he misses this.

Just at a glance, I would guess that he's running either the Apex or Nova launcher, a custom cyan ICS theme and some nice icons. (if I had to guess, maybe glass icons)

I like Nova myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones