• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HomeScreen Restarting!!!

Rube8514

Mar 16, 2010
Lately, EVERY time i hit the home key or the back key to the home screen, Sense restarts. BAM, HTC and a white screen appears on my scrren. I can never do what i want quickly because my home screen restarts. I have tried a couple home replacements and it lagged my phone tremendously. I just want my phone to work like a phone. Can anyone please come up with a solution OTHER THAN rooting. I'm just not ready to root yet. Please help!

are you using a task killer? the same thing happens to me when I kill all my 3rd party apps after startup. all that stuff kills my battery when its all running at one time. I think there may be a glitch in a recent update that causes this. maybe not. but whenever I click 'kill all', all I see is a white screen with HTC all over it. and it only happens When I exit the task killer app.

-I am not a fan of task killers. Android handles it own memory just fine. what I don't like is using a battery hog app, remembering that it hogs the battery, then having to go into settings, manage applications, and waiting forever for the list to load. its easier to access task killer and just stop it (that one app, not kill all) that way. I'm just saying...

Upvote 0
This problem was supposedly fixed with the latest update but my phone still does it. I've been told the problem is not enough memory/too many apps on the phone. I don't know how accurate that is since I don't think I have an abundance of apps on my phone but then again I don't know how many is considered too many.
I know that's not much of an answer to your question! If you haven't put the latest software update on there you might try it but like I said, my phone still does it even with the update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones