• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Honda CR-V Handsfreelink to Galaxy S7 *ALWAYS* starts playing music from the phone

granitehead

Lurker
May 27, 2014
I had no problems pairing the phone to my 2013 CR-V. The phone's version is G930VVRU4API3. What's annoying is that the first song on my phone *always* starts playing. I have to start Pandora or some other app to override this. Some additional weirdness is that NO music app shows as active when this occurs, so I can't just stop it... I don't know what app it is! Also, under bluetooth devices on the phone, "Call audio" and "Media audio" are both Off. Yet, both work fine when connected... media audio, just a little too fine.
I do want media audio on (which it appears to be even though the setting is "Off"), but does anyone know how to shut off this helpful feature of automatically starting to play the same song every time I get in the car?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones